Thursday, November 6, 2008

Whats new in DotNet 4.0 (pdf)

Take a look at this .pdf to get a good but quick impression about the new types and namespaces included asof Dotnet 4.0 (and 3.5 servicepack 1).

http://brad_abrams.members.winisp.net/Projects/PDC2008/PDC2008-NETFX4.pdf

I think there is enough for everybody to benefit.

For me I particularly like:
  • the new biginteger datatype that is part of the new core;
  • the new concurrent-collection;
  • the mvc framework that is included;
  • the many new classes for the workflow framework;

What I like less about this release:

  • the entity framework seems part of this release. My experiences sofar before it was included in this release were disappointing;
  • in my opinion, the unity should have been part of the core;
  • new ajax stuff, but i would bet my money on jquery. No microsoft ajax for me anymore for a while;

No comments: